Beach United Church
$25 – $30 an hour – Part Time
Located in the heart of The Beach in Toronto’s east end, Beach United Church (BUC) has embarked on a strategic process of change and is seeking a Communications Coordinator to develop and implement a results orientated communications program leveraging both social and traditional media.
At Beach United Church our vision is to be more engaging to more people, by seeking increased meaning in our lives, fostering a stronger sense of community, and by pursuing environmental and community projects in which we can have a positive and meaningful impact.
This position requires an average of 15 hours per week, at a proposed rate of $25 – $30 per hour, based on qualifications and experience, plus United Church of Canada benefits. Partial working from home is possible.
Working in a team environment the ideal candidate will be highly motivated by the opportunity to help foster positive and meaningful change in our community. We are seeking candidates with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and possess a thorough understanding of digital marketing techniques. Graphic design experience and the ability to assist in a re-branding exercise are also desirable attributes.
This is a newly created position, reporting the Lead Minister. The chosen applicant will help develop the roles and responsibilities of the position in collaboration with church leadership. Applicants should be critical thinkers and self-starters.
- Work with BUC program leaders to convert their ideas into publishable content-marketing material.
- With direction from the leadership team, develop and act on an editorial calendar using a content-management system.
- Develop and work with an Advisory Group for Communications to provide content. Independently develop additional content for publication.
- Develop opportunities for community engagement via two-way social media interaction.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of our digital marketing efforts using Google Analytics and other tools.
- Manage and analyze a database of contacts and identify new marketing opportunities.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary level education in marketing, communications or Digital Media or an equivalent combination of life and work experience.
- Previous experience in dynamic, creative non-profit environments would be considered an asset.
- 2 years experience in implementing communications strategies.
Required Skills & Job Knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and executing digital marketing plans. Experience measuring the effectiveness of marketing plans using tools such as Google Analytics and Bit.ly is a must.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information (client reports, media interviews, primary and secondary research data) from a range of sources into an informative and compelling narrative.
- Ability to use range of business software, digital media tools, publishing applications, and graphic design software.
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- A keen interest in the world around them.
- Willing to work weekends or evenings, as needed.
About Beach United Church
In addition to exploring the teachings of Jesus, BUC offers consideration for other teachings of values of living in harmony. We strive to join with others in exploring faith with curiosity and questions, to offer compassionate support and hope, and to provide opportunities for meaningful contributions to caring for the earth and its peoples.
BUC is an open, equity-supporting church and employer. We welcome applications from all interested persons holding the qualifications outlined. Our building is fully accessible.
Applications should include a resume and a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying. We thank all those who apply but regret that we may only be able to reply to those who are being called for an interview.
Applications accepted till noon Friday June 29, 2018
Search Team c/o BUCSearchTeam@gmail.com
Beach United Church
140 Wineva Avenue
Toronto, ON M4E 2T4