We are excited to be hosting an EcoFair at Beach United on
Saturday, May 6th from 10am-2pm.
Entry is free and welcome to everyone!
We will have more information on our 35+ vendors, exhibitors and speakers very shortly and will feature them on our social media accounts (Instagram / Facebook), so please stay tuned! If you’re interested in why a church might be interested in environmental issues, please take a look at this blog post.
SPEAKERS IN OUR MAIN HALL:
11am: Lana Goldberg from Environmental Defence Fund on “A Gas Plant Expansion in the east end of Toronto?”
12pm: Paul Dowsett – Retro Fit Coach from The Pocket Change Project
1pm Dr. Lori Stahlbrand from George Brown College on Food Sustainability
IN THE KITCHEN:
12:30pm: Nettie Cronish, organic chef, culinary instructor and cookbook author cooks up some delicious treats and you’ll get to sample
What else to expect!
- Meet “Hot Dog” the Snapping Turtle
- Find out about Wildlife in the City
- Arts and Crafts
- Fun Games
- Bike safety check and minor tuneups
- Spin the Wheel of Waste
- Talk with Energy advisors & Retro Fit coach
- Plant a native species seed
- Spot invasive species
- Bring your own cup for free tea
- How to get Green Grants
- Beekeeper and his honey
- Zero waste take out
- Delicious Food from Animal Liberation Kitchen
- EVs & chargers
- Solar Co-ops
- Green paving
- Grow a Butterfly/Pollinator Garden
- Jewelry from Recycled material
- Find out how to Reduce Food Waste
It should be a great day and there will be something for everyone. If you’re interested in volunteering on the day of, please email: email@example.com