The annual Christmas Market is a much-loved Beach United tradition that brings our community together for a festive fundraising event each November. Of course, due to COVID-19, an in-person event isn’t possible this year. But the pandemic can’t squelch our Christmas Market! Thanks to the time and energy of congregation members who found a way to keep the tradition going, we’re looking forward to an Online Christmas Market instead.
Starting on Wednesday, November 25th, you can shop online at beachunitedchurch.com for a variety of holiday goodies, including favourites from past Christmas Markets.
Many of the items are perfect stocking stuffers or “porch gifts” to lift the spirits of friends and neighbours, and the homemade touch will be an antidote to the impersonal order-from-Amazon experience.
The Online Christmas Market will offer:
- Beach United’s famous pies (meat and vegetarian) *
- Delicious homemade jams, jellies, pickles and chutneys *
- Luscious soaps in holiday scents from Bridlewood Soaps
- Fair Trade chocolate bars (6 yummy flavours!), coffee and tea from Camino
- Scrumptious shortbread *
- Tasty granola *
- Soothing lavender bath salts *
- The 52 Weeks Of Wordclips book by Pat Davies
- Beautiful paintings by Angie DeStefano
- Adorable knitted toys and more * – proceeds of knitted goods will be donated to Canadian Food For Children.
- Festive fabric masks in a variety of styles, sizes and patterns *
- A “luxury pamper hamper” gift basket filled with everything needed for a cosy winter
* these items are made by volunteers
Here’s how it works:
Starting on November 25th, look for the Online Christmas Market at beachunitedchurch.com, where you can shop online with your credit card.
You will select a date and time to pick up your purchases from the church (at 140 Wineva Avenue in the Beaches neighbourhood of Toronto’s Beaches neighbourhood).
The Online Christmas Market will run for 10 days or until the merchandise is sold out, whichever comes first. To avoid disappointment, don’t delay!